Technical Research Supervisor (Tier 3)
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah US
Job Number: 245
Position Title: Technical Support Supervisor
Netflix is the leading online video subscription service, reaching hundreds of millions of US and international households. The Netflix customer service network receives hundreds of thousands of questions and issue reports from subscribers around the world every day. The technical research group is responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, and documenting escalated issue reports. The results of their investigations are delivered to Netflix product engineering teams and are a critical link in maintaining Netflix service reliability for our global subscriber base.
As a Technical Research Supervisor you are responsible for managing a group of highly skilled technical research analysts in Salt Lake City, UT. Your top priorities will be issue management, crisis management, coaching, mentoring and leading team members with the ultimate goal of driving improvements in the Netflix product and CS platform through investigation of escalated Netflix issues.
What will you be doing?
- You will be the primary supervisor for team of Technical Research Analysts.
- You will be a subject matter expert on all responsibilities maintained by your team of Technical Research Analysts and constantly seek to be current in that knowledge.
- You will partner with management by overseeing all aspects of escalations, systems outage management, support for streaming product development and working hands on with these functions as needed.
- You will coach and develop your team to address specific areas of focus or performance concern.
- You will drive ownership and coordinate daily activities and projects, including knowledge base content updates, bug triage prioritization, and customer facing outage management
- You will drive team performance to provide a consistently outstanding customer experience.
- You will provide floor support for new training and process rollouts.
Who are you?
- 3 years of people management experience in an international environment, preferably in customer contact center.
- At least 2 year of experience in a technical research role helping to determine root cause of technical issues.
- You have the ability to manage and hold teammates accountable without any performance metrics or KPIs.
- You maintain flexibility for schedule changes based on business needs.
- You analyze metrics and call trends to drive improved efficiency and understand customer impact.
- You partner with peers to share best practices and encourage mutual development.
- You have the ability to articulate complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
- You have a strong understanding of personal computer architecture, including hardware configurations, operating systems, software peripherals.
- You have experience in troubleshooting home networking configurations and internet connectivity issues as well as advanced experience with routers, firewalls and configuration of such required.
- You are motivated to be a consistent high performer – self-identifying ways to improve overall team performance; taking initiative to identify areas of opportunity; receptive to and able to appropriately incorporate feedback.
- You have experience creating, editing and maintaining knowledge base and/or training documentation.
- You have experience with Google G Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Kibana, Tableau or similar products.
- You have strong oral/written communications skills.
NetflixCS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic makeup, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Research Supervisor (Tier 3)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Salt Lake City, Utah US