Learning and Development Manager, Global English/APAC
Location: Makati, National Capital Region PH
Job Number: 200
Position Title: Manager / Senior Manager (with direct reports)
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of global entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Our members need our help from time to time, and that’s where our Customer Service (CS) organization focuses; providing amazing interactions with our subscribers around the world. Our goal is excellence, simplicity and getting our members back to streaming.
The Learning and Development (L&D) team provides leadership, customer service, and tools training for both internal and outsourced call centers around the globe, having a direct impact on our agents, our customers and the business. The team oversees localized new hire training content, ongoing L&D curriculum and leadership development, and continued education. This leader will oversee regional L&D team members based in APAC and the internal call center in Salt Lake City, UT. This role reports into the Director, Global Talent Acquisition + Learning and Development.
- Relationship Management: Build and foster a strong partnership with regional CS leaders and CS teams globally. Collaborate on learning priorities, training quality, train-the-trainer, and the delivery of training programs. Provide guidance and consultation to regional CS leaders concerning employee performance metrics, development, and engagement.
- Strategic Thought Partner: Execute regional strategy, while also acting as a global thought leader in the organization.
- Needs Assessment: Conduct gap analysis to address performance problems, opportunities, and to drive innovations for the region or individual call centers. Prioritize the importance of identified gaps and recommend interventions. Document and present methods, findings, and recommendations.
- Instructional Design: Use a structured approach to develop solutions that can be integrated with a global curriculum as well as offered at the regional/individual site level. Develop necessary course collateral including facilitator and student materials (supporting multiple contact channels across many languages), presentation media, job aids, and knowledge checks. Finalize materials through reviews, developmental tests, pilots, etc.
- Facilitation: Deliver learning material in face-to-face and virtual environments to agents and leadership audiences across a variety of cultural backgrounds. Facilitate courses developed by Global L&D for the region as well as courses developed by you for the region. Run onboarding for newly hired trainers and train-the-trainer courses for regional trainers. Coach and develop call center leaders to co-facilitate the delivery of learning material.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience in Talent and/or L&D space, with experience in a global leadership capacity
- Innovative thinking, bias towards action, ability to influence others by earning trust and being a subject matter expert in your space
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills to interpret and summarize complex data as it relates to team activities and customer facing trends
- Superior communication skills, highly adaptable, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Netflix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic makeup, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local and country laws.
Community / Marketing Title: Learning and Development Manager, Global English/APAC
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Makati, National Capital Region PH